Re: DATE QUESTION

From: Dirk Breuer <Dirk_Breuer_at_p110.f5888.n240.z2.fidonet.org>
Date: 1995/07/26

SCS # ornl.gov_at_2:240/5889 meinte am 19.07.95 zum Thema "DATE QUESTION":

Sog> From: SCS_at_ornl.gov
Sog>
Sog> How do I let the user enter in a text field a date format of 122395
Sog> (mmddyy) and be able to verify that field is a valid date and display
Sog> back into the field the format 12/23/95?  This sounds simple enough but
Sog> the TO_CHAR, TO_DATE, FORMAT MODELS and all other things I have tried do
Sog> not work.  I would like to have a simple procedure to do this so that a
I hope you're using Oracle Forms, because I think there's no procedure to check a commandline date for validation. Using Forms you can simply use a date field, providing a pre-field trigger (on-item, depends on the version of Forms)
setting the format mask to DDMMYY and then in a post-item (on-change)-trigger you change the format mask to MM/DD/YY or whatever you like. Forms does the Checking for a valid date for you. So what do you want?

hope it helps
Dirk Received on Wed Jul 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message