Re: Reduce the No. of Fields in a Oracle Table

From: Richard Wark <warkr_at_vanadium.brooks.af.mil>
Date: 1995/07/25

If it suits your need, you may want to try the following construct:

CREATE TABLE mynewtable as

   SELECT field1, field2, field3...field80      FROM myoldtable;

This will give you a new table with just the fields you want, but I may be over-simplifying the problem...

Hope this helps (or gives you other ideas),

Richard Wark
Computer Sciences Corporation warkr_at_vanadium.brooks.af.mil Brooks AFB, San Antonio TEXAS
http://www.txdirect.net:80/users/rwark/