Re: Question about relations

From: PPlewes <pplewes_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/07/25

:Can I use a database engine with this files without normalizing the
:files and with out making coding changes. Or can I normalize the files
:but somehow make it appear to my basic application as on file? Or should

You can normalize the data by decomposing the table into a set of tables. Then create a view that "recomposes" the tables into the structure your programs are used to seeing. For the programs the do updates, you have to do them manually until Oracle 7.3 (I think) comes out and allows you to update joined views. This may not be an optimal solution, depending on how many programs do updates... Received on Tue Jul 25 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message