Re: How to create a new local database with PO7?

From: A little left of plumb <dwyche_at_giant.intranet.com>
Date: 1995/07/25

In article <DB78K8.LDz_at_inesc.pt>, andy_at_avila.inesc.pt (Lei Chu San, Andy) writes:
> Hi, everyone,
>
> I have downloaded the Personal Oracle 7 and tried it for serveral
> weeks, with its sample database with no problem. So, I want to create a new
> database locally for test. I used the SQL*DBA to connect as "internal", then
> startup an instance with the parameters "nomount", and also "pfile" to
> identify another parameter file, which is the same as init.ora except
> changed DB_NAME to "TEST" and CONTROL_FILE to ctl2.ora.
>
> After all these done, I entered the following statement:
>
> sql>CREATE DATABASE TEST
> 2>LOGFILE GROUP 1 ('TSTLOG1A.LOG', 'TSTLOG1B.LOG') SIZE 500K,
> GROUP 2 ('TSTLOG2A.LOG', 'TSTLOG2B.LOG') SIZE 500K
> 3>DATAFILE 'TSTSYS.DAT' SIZE 6M;
>
> And then, what should I do to create users?
> I am new on using ORACLE, please give me some guidences.
>
> Any of your response is appreciated.
>
> Best regards.
> --Andy.

Look at the buildall.sql script in \orawin\dbs. It calls a wide variety of subscripts, among them build_db.sql which actually builds the database, and scott.sql which sets up the scott/tiger user and tables. the tables are actually set up by the script demobld.sql which is called by scott.sql. I'm not sure, but I think demobld7.sql is better. Both are very large scripts (~22k) and are very similar...

HTH, david Received on Tue Jul 25 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message