Backup & recovery procedures on Oracle7 database

From: Jacques J. Vermeulen <jvermeul_at_post.sygma.net>
Date: 1995/07/24

Hi There,

This message is addressed to all DBAs.

I am looking for help on how I should organize my data, redo log files, etc. to be able to recover easily after a crash disk or system.

Here is my configuration:

  • Two OS/2 Oracle server version 7.0.16, one for development and one for production.
  • Each server is an IBM pentium with 48 MB RAM, three disks of 1 GB and a tape backup.

Actually, I have tape backups every day, exports (incremental, cumulative and full). I also have 3 groups of 2 redo log files.

I am not running in archive mode.

So my questions are:  	- Would it be better to have archive mode on?
			- How should I organize my redo log files to be able to recover
			easily?
			- What else should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Jacques. Received on Mon Jul 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message