Re: Newbie in ver.7 Some basic questions

From: <gary.wong_at_cyberstore.ca>
Date: 1995/07/23

> s11976_at_net2.hkbu.edu.hk (Wong Pui Ming) writes:
> I have been using ver 6 for a long time (the creating users procedure
> is much simpler). Now I have a system running ver 7.1, I tried to
> <snip>
> (But sqlplus still comes up okay) What do these messages mean, are they
> harmful ?
> --

To answer #2, this means that you must run the PUPBLD.SQL (or maybe the V7PUP.SQL) script to create the product_profile and user_profile tables in the SYSTEM account. I'm unsure of the name because I don't know which platform you are running on.

To answer #1, I think you should change the default tablespace to something other than SYSTEM, as it makes maintenance difficult in the long run. Perhaps you should create a new tablespace in a new data file (i.e. something like the 'USERS' or 'USER_DATA' tablespace), and leave SYSTEM strictly for 'system-type' database objects.

Good luck,
Gary Wong Received on Sun Jul 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message