Re: Oracle Developper Testing on VAX

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1995/07/22

Run query/display test on known data.
Test field validation triggers and do not commit the changes. Insert new data rows, query, change, query, delete new data. Initial test script can delete new data rows which might not been deleted.

Frank Verhaest (Frank.Verhaest_at_ping.be) wrote:
:> Can anybody help me for the following:

:> The problem I have is with regression testing.
:> I am currently using DTM from DEC to record my tests and re-run
:> them automatically.
:> DTM compares the results of the re-run with the results of the original
:> test (it compares the screens).
:> The problem I have is that if one of my tests updates the Oracle database
:> I have to reset the database to the original state before re-runnig
:> the test otherwise I will have different results and DTM will report
:> the test as unseccessfull. In that case I do not know what the problem
:> is: a bug in the new software or just the fact that the database has
:> been updated.
:> It is possible to run a script before launching your test collection
:> which would reset the database.
:> Can anybody tell me how I can reset my database to the original state.
:> Is export-import the only solution? There are more than 60 tables in
:> the database so this could thake a while which is not very useful.
:> Is there any Oracle software or third-party software that would
:> allow me to do what I want?
:> Thanks for any help.

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you