Re: orasrv hangs once in a while

From: Patrick Koerner <SPHINX_at_terra-i.rhein-ruhr.de>
Date: 1995/07/22

richard_at_subito.de schrieb am 19.07.95 um 10:32 unter "orasrv hangs once in a while" :

> I'm experiencing a strange behaviour of orasrv once in a while:
> Sometimes it just stops working. All clients which try to get a new
> connection to the database via sql*net v1 then hang to. This happens
> sometimes once or twice a day, sometimes not at all.

> Has anyone experienced something like this too ?
> Any hints, tricks, clues ?

Hoi Richard,

this is a typical known problem with the orasrv. You can workaround this with the parameter "timeout". Try to start the orasrv with "tcpctl start timeout=15" (or something about 15).

The hangup of the orasrv occurs, when a workstation has problems to get the connection. During the "connection time" no other workstation can connect. Now, when there's no timeout specified the orasrv will try to connect this workstation until the end of the universe and so it seems to be that orasrv looks up.

Patrick.

E-Mail: SPHINX_at_TERRA-I.rhein-ruhr.de

  • Origin: 95 mph? WARP! ## CrossPoint v3.02 ##