Reorg tblspace using import

From: TriTech Microelectronics <tritech_at_technet.sg>
Date: 1995/07/21

I am currently setting up Oracle 7.1 and Applications 10.4 on a DEC Alpha OSF/1 machine. During the Applications installation, the various modules' data and and indexes have all been configured to store into 2 tablespaces (APDAT for data and APIND for indexes).

I am thinking of moving the database to a new file system and re-organising the tablespaces so that for example, GL module will have GLDAT and GLIND as its tablespaces, and so on for other modules. I have done a full database export, but I am not sure how to divide out the APDAT and APIND tablespaces into smaller ones on import.

Any advice or suggestions on out to divide out the tablespaces (not necessarily using import or export) will be much appreciated. Also, should each application module have its own xxDAT and xxIND tablespaces, or would it be advisable to group related modules (eg, AP and GL) into common tablespaces?

Please send your replies to lwngo_at_tmi.com.sg, thanks! Received on Fri Jul 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message