Forms 4.5 and times

From: John Williams <jmw_at_vena.med.utas.edu.au>
Date: 1995/07/20

Help!

I am trying to store some times, in the format HH:MM, and am not having an easy time of it, due to some pecularities (to say the least) of Forms 4.5.

The database field is specified as 'datetime'. If I set a format mask of

HH:MM, then I can't enter high or low value ranges - putting (e.g.) 6:00 or
06:00 gives designer error 11330 - 'value is invalid - correct format is
hh:mm.'

I can get around that by writing an on-validate-field trigger, but when I enter data, eg 4:30, forms runtime re-writes it as 1:30 sometimes, or as 4:30 at other times. Similarly other values are not echoed as they are entered. I cannot rely on the correct value being put in the first time.

Has anyone succeeded in storing times only using Forms 4.5? How did you do it? I'd be grateful for any ideas or assistance.

Thanx,

John Williams, J.M.Williams_at_med.utas.edu.au Received on Thu Jul 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message