Re: Designer/2000 and Reverse Engineer DDL

From: <gwong_at_ssbpost.env.gov.bc.ca>
Date: 1995/07/20

> andrewb_at_hk.super.net (Andrew Babb) writes:
> I am looking for help with regards to the above topic, and I am new to
> Designer/2000 but have used Case Dictionary v5.1 before.
>
> We have installed Designer on our Novell Network and have mounted the
> disk onto the local PC running Windows 3.1. The Designer/2000 repository is
> accessed via SQL*Net v1 and runs on an HP9000 box and Oracle v7.1.4. The
> database that I am wanting to reverse engineer from is on another HP9000
> node again running Oracle v7.1.4 and accessed via SQL*Net v1. We have
> defined a database and a node in Designer/2000.
>
> ....... other stuff

Andrew,

We have the identical configuration here at my client site. Out of curiousity, what 'object owner' did you put in? The Designer/2000 id, or the id on the remote database? I've done this Reverse Engineer DDL many times this way, and it seems to work fine (although the syntax of my packages/procedures aren't QUITE reverse engineered correctly).

Hope this help.

Gary Wong   Received on Thu Jul 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message