Designer/2000 and Reverse Engineer DDL

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 1995/07/20

I am looking for help with regards to the above topic, and I am new to Designer/2000 but have used Case Dictionary v5.1 before.

We have installed Designer on our Novell Network and have mounted the disk onto the local PC running Windows 3.1. The Designer/2000 repository is accessed via SQL*Net v1 and runs on an HP9000 box and Oracle v7.1.4. The database that I am wanting to reverse engineer from is on another HP9000 node again running Oracle v7.1.4 and accessed via SQL*Net v1. We have defined a database and a node in Designer/2000.

When using the Revernse Engineer option, we successfully login to the remote database and the connection is confirmed if we look at v$session. However, when we move to the second page to define the objects we require ie. tables, Designer/2000 does not find any tables. If we look at the v$sqlarea view on the database, the statement being run is "SELECT * FROM ALL_CONSTAINTS;" Having explained the problem, please, can any one help me.

aTdHvAaNnKcSe
Andrew Babb
Database Consultant Received on Thu Jul 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message