Re: DES/2000 and Win95 compatibility

From: Tidal <tidal_at_bionet.bio.dfo.ca>
Date: 1995/07/20

Eric Hartzenberg <Eric_at_erichome.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>I'm considering upgrading my Windows 3.1 setup with Win95 Beta. What
>(if anything) will happen to my Designer 2000 tools (PO7, Forms 4.5,
>Reports 2.5 etc)? Will I need to re-install the Oracle products?
>I saw a thread recently in which the author complained of problems
>installing PO7 etc in an existing Win95 environment (Oracle wants

>win32s, Win95 doesn't!). Would this be a problem when upgrading
 Windows?
>I (& the ROW) can wait until August for the official Win95, but the
>same issues will need resolving then (for me at any rate).
>Any help/hints/strategies would be much appreciated & an e-mail would

>be bliss.

        I spoke with my ORACLE rep regarding this and he told me that Oracle has PO7 for Oracle done now but they are not releasing it to anyone until WIN95 comes out. They want to make sure it works with the final version of win95 and also they do not want to release PO7 for a beta version of win95 because they do not want to be flooded with phone calls (in support) about running PO7 on an OS that hasn't been released yet.

        PO7 will not run under WIN95, at least in my experience, although many of the CDE apps such as forms, book, and reports will.

        Hope this helps.

John
Weatherbie Computing
Oracle Application Developer / PC Sales
weather_at_fox.nstn.ca Received on Thu Jul 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message