Re: strange sql*loader problem

From: Willy Klotz <willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org>
Date: 1995/07/19

skcho_at_ix.netcom.com writes in article <3uf8i0$6ki_at_ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>:

> Hi,
> I have an unusual problem while using sql*loader
> in direct mode. Prior to loading, I truncate
> the table. Select count(*) from the table yields 0.
> I invoke sql*loader and the log file shows the correct
> number of rows being loaded. However, select count(*)
> yields more rows than were actually loaded. I am
> unable to consistently duplicate this error. Oracle
> support is of no help. Has anyone else come across
> this problem before?

You don't say what version you are using...

we discovered similar problems with the direct-path in sql*loader in oracle 7.0.16 on aix. oracle confirmed that this is a known bug, which should be fixed in 7.1.3. we didn't try it, because it is not a major problem for us.

Willy Klotz

Willys Mail     FidoNet              2:2474/117  2:2474/118
      willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org      VFC        ISDN/X.75
   -> No Request from 06.00 to 08.00 <-