SQL Loader

From: <godbouts_at_gov.nb.ca>
Date: 1995/07/19

I have a question about loading a non standard text file into an Oracle database.

The data looks like the following:

LASTNAME*FIRSTNAME MIDDLE	ADDRESS*ADDRESS
LASTNAME*FIRSTNAME		ADDRESS
LASTNAME*FIRSTNAME MIDDLE	ADDRESS*ADDRESS*ADDRESS,ADDRESS
LASTNAME FIRSTNAME MIDDLE	ADDRESS,ADDRESS*ADDRESS
etc.

In most cases, not all, the last past of the address is the Province/State name (Both Abbreviated and not).

I was wondering if it was possible to implement in SQL Loader the necessary logic needed to load the data into the database.

The fields that the data is to go into are:

Last_Name, First_Name, Middle_Name,
Home_Address_1, Home_Address_2, City_Town

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

You can E-Mail me any suggestions at GODBOUTS_at_gov.nb.ca

Thanks

Stephane C. Godbout
godbouts_at_gov.nb.ca Received on Wed Jul 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message