Re: SQL*Net TCP/IP and SQL*Net SPX - coexist peacefully?

From: Axel Roehken <axel_at_ubis.de>
Date: 1995/07/18

HI Gerardo,
Chapter 1 & 2 of the 'Understanding SQL*Net', one of that docs shipped with ORACLE SERVER or CLIENT, (we got it for Solaris 2.4) says that IPX and TCP/IP can coexist together in one SQL*Net network. Any combinations of the sup. protocols should work, they (ORACLE) promised me.

V6 and V7 shouldn't disturb each other. V6 uses SQL*Net Vers.1 and V7 uses SQL*Net Vers. 2. But no experiences I mad. Chapter 4 of the 'Under.. SQL*Net' describes the migration.

so long, axel Received on Tue Jul 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message