Re: ole objects faulting

From: David Manley <djm_at_zeus.eymsl.co.nz>
Date: 1995/07/18

Brian Weedman (brianw_at_flood.xnet.com) wrote:
: I have an app I'm trying to write using oracles ole objects. I'm calling
: OStartup when the program gets going. Then I try to connect. I'm connecting
: but after that I get a protection fault. I'm using mfc 1.52. If
: I comment out the connect the protection fault goes away.

: I know I'm connecting because I have a message after the connect. Yes
: I'm checking the return of the connect (open).
:
: Any Ideas?

We have similar problems - all we try to do is OStartup, create an ODatabase object, check to see if the ODatabase object is open (it is), Close the ODatabase object call OShutdown, exit the progrma and we get a GPF!

Has any one seen anything like this - I mean this is a six line program for goodness sake. Any help really appreciated.

TIA. David. Received on Tue Jul 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message