Looking for upgrade advice: VAX --> MAC

From: Roy Wolf <roy.wolf_at_msmail.mtv.gtegsc.com>
Date: 1995/07/18

We are a fairly new ORACLE shop, running 7.0 on the VAX under VMS, not UNIX, also using sqlforms 3.0 and sqlreports 1.1, both on the VAX. Our shop is mostly Mac, and we want to go client/server for forms & reports, keeping the DBMS on the VAX. We already have sql*net. We have no experience with object-oriented technology & we won't be switching to UNIX. Questions are: what upgrade paths are desirable or even possible. Forms 4.0? 4.5? Something/2000? Which 7.x RDBMS? Should we be looking at OOT? I understand that there is a new announcement coming out imminently. Any info.? At least at first, applications will not be large-scale/mission-critical.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

Roy Wolf (roy.wolf_at_msmail.mtv.gtegsc.com)

All opinions are my own & not my employer's. Received on Tue Jul 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message