Re: Need opinions on SQLServer

From: Eric Li <ericli_at_news>
Date: 1995/07/17

David Miller (isdmill_at_gatekeeper.ddp.state.me.us) wrote:
: A department in the State of Maine is developing a plan for a database of
: roughly 20 million records. At least 100 people will be utilizing this
: database, though none of them are likely to be too intense. We are
: considering both Unix based solutions and an NT/SQLServer based solution.

: I am soliciting opinions on whether NT and SQLServer are robust enough to
: handle this size database in an environment where not being up is not
: acceptable.

: Thanks for all input.

: --
: David Miller Usual disclaimers apply
: Maine State Government

I am interested in the same topic here. Could someone share your experience ? Does the performance of NT SQL ver6.0 beta satisfy you ? When will it be general release ?

Thanks.   Received on Mon Jul 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message