Re: Script To scan/rebuild tables needed...

From: F.Frederick Skitty <Igotan_at_ombomb.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/07/17

> From: randyd_at_cais3.cais.com (Randy Dewoolfson)
> : I need a script to scan an existing Oracle-6 DB and write a script to

Use export/import.

i.e.

Export the tables you want (or the entire database) using exp, then use imp with the parameter indexfile=fred

this will give you a fred.sql file that you can edit, that contains all the create statements for the tables and indexes including current constraints.

for a list of parameters for exp and imp use the command exp help=yes or
imp help=y

Have fun.

--
IGotAn_at_omBomb.demon.co.uk | WeirdGuy_at_cix.compulink.co.uk =%^)
Hit them in the face, with a Funky Bass, For a Happy Smiling race.