Oracle Software Needed

From: Aram Mirzadeh <Aram.Mirzadeh_at_p99.f618.n283.z2.fidonet.org>
Date: 1995/07/15

From: awm_at_liii.com (Aram Mirzadeh)
Subject: Oracle Software Needed

Greetings,

I recently joined a new Medical OEM company which has been using different database programs for different purposes. I'm looking for any Oracle WG2000 product, or ODBC program that can replace the below programs.

The problem is that the company has grown in size about 400% during the past 2 years. The number of employes, and such has forced them for purchase all these different packages, and create duplicate data... no centeral data processing, etc....

I have succesfully convinced them to purchase a Data/SQL server and convert our programs to use it.

We are currently using the following:

	Computer Associates - ACCPAC		Inventory
						Accounting
						GL
						Payroll
						Price List

	Telemagic 4.0 - dBase III front-end	Customer database
						Sampling
						Mailings
						Source Requests
						Vendor Contact
						Catalog

	Lotus 1-2-3				Inventory??!?!?!?!

Well, as you can see I have a big job ahead. I have about 6 months of experience doing a full project will Oracle ( scheme - to - finished program ) but I don't think this is the choice here. I need to purchase a program, or several programs that will interact with each other either written for Oracle specificly, or have ODBC drivers that can use the Oracle Database.

We are currently running Linux, Novell Netware 3.12, and Novell Netware 4.1.

If anyone has any experience in any programs I would appreciate any input you have, good or bad.

Thank you.

<Aram>