Oracle Version 7.1.6 on AIX 3.2.5

From: Minh Tran <Minh.Tran_at_p99.f618.n283.z2.fidonet.org>
Date: 1995/07/15

From: eaiu400_at_ea.uci.edu (Minh Tran)
Subject: Oracle Version 7.1.6 on AIX 3.2.5 Organization: University of California, Irvine

does anyone have any problems creating the RDBMS (when calling SQL*DBA) when trying to install Oracle7.1.6 on AIX 3.2.5??

also after that problem.. I reinstalled with Oracle 7.1.4 and it works.. but after I installed the frontend.. using TCP/IP and SQL*Net.. and try to varify that the frontend can access the server on the backend.. using NetManager that comes with SQL*Net.. it can't seem to find it.. it would give me error "ORA:12203 TSN:Unable to connect to destination". I've also tried using SQL*Plus but I get the same error...

does anyone have a clue as to what's the problem??

i'm pretty sure it's working on the server side.. since I can see the listener running OK.. and I can make a select in SQL*DBA connect internal..

I can also ping from the client side to server side.. so the physical layer is fine...

any help wold be greatly appreciated.. thanx

if you have comments please email it to me at eaiu400_at_ea.uci.edu

thanx