Re: Explain plan dilemma

From: Mike J Cox <Mike.J.Cox._at_p99.f618.n283.z2.fidonet.org>
Date: 1995/07/15

From: Mike J Cox <mike_at_kane.demon.co.uk> Subject: Re: Explain plan dilemma

My usual explain plan script is as follows

explain plan .....
{

the sql goes in here

}
spool plan.lst
select .... from plan_table;
spool off

truncate table plan_table;

Im sure this is just the standard oracle supplied script.

After the explain plan bit your get the 'report' out and then clear down the table, what could be simpler.

Mike

Michael Cox          Input Technolgies Ltd
Email                mike_at_kane.demon.co.uk
Compuserve           100045.1715_at_compuserve.com