Re: SQL*Forms and the 21st Century

From: Jack Bell <Jack.Bell_at_p99.f618.n283.z2.fidonet.org>
Date: 1995/07/15

From: jack_at_ici.net (Jack Bell)
Subject: Re: SQL*Forms and the 21st Century Organization: The Internet Connection

In article <3u4p2u$7dq_at_mccoy.ici.net>, jack_at_ici.net says...

......stuff deleted

>Some people mentioned the RR format, which is new to Oracle 7 and is
>not supported by Forms 3. My reading of the Oracle 7 pocket SQL
>guide was that this is always interpreted as occuring in the 21st
>Century. This would seem to create a whole new set of problems.

I rechecked the RR data in the full manual set, and the above information (although taken directly from the pocket guide) is incorrect. The RR format will do what I need IF it can be used in a Forms 3 environment on Oracle 7. It CANNOT be used in Oracle 6. At our site, the database conversion, has only just been done and has not yet been released for production. I'm out on vacation now, so I will not get to test this for a couple of weeks. If anyone has given this a try, let me know. It will be a fairly easy fix compared to the alternatives.

Jack