WFWG SQLNet Apps in background during query?

From: Russ Orwig <rorwig_at_nando.net>
Date: 1995/07/13

  I use a slip emulator (TwinSock 1.4, it provides it's own winsock.dll) to create a "virtual TCP/IP" connection to a UNIX box at work from home. This has allowed me to use a Windows front end (Q+E) to run queries against any of our networked Oracle databases.
  I recently downloaded the trial PO7EE package from www.oracle.com and upgraded to the SQLNet v1.1.9.0A driver it provided. Much to my enjoyment, when running queries with Q+E (also use Clear Access), my curser was returned immediately and I am able to run other applications. (This is more desirable than staring at the hour glass icon) When the query is finished, the data is in the spreadsheet.
  Now the problem: When I tried to duplicate this on my PC at work, which is directly on the network, using Microsoft TCP-32 network drivers, I still have to wait for the query to finish from the remote database before I can use the PC for anything else. Other than network connect methods, everything else appears to be the same. I've compared all *.ini files that seem relevent.

Do anyone have an explanation or solution?   Received on Thu Jul 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message