Re: Which version to run under ATT SVR4

From: Jim Gregory <jim.gregory_at_DaytonOH.attgis.com>
Date: 1995/07/13

>==========Charlie Peck, 7/12/95==========
>Due to our business cycle we can only upgrade Oracle once a year, and now
>is the time. We are running about 220 users on a ATT 3550/SVR4 2.03; is
>anyone out there succesfully running 7.1.4 or 7.1.6 on this platform?
>
>thanks for your help,
>charlie peck

Charlie, I'm doing some dba consulting for a project at ATT GIS in Dayton, Oh. Currently I'm checking out 7.1.4 on our 3550's for an in-house PeopleSoft application. And so far things are running ok ( but we're not production yet ). Other depts are also running 7.1.4 with no reported problems. The biggest problem I've had was the installation from tapes. The only way I could get the install to work was to pick option 1, "complete, fresh install of the software and database". All other options resulted in various errors. Another group also reported problems with installation from the CD.

Hope this helps, Jim Gregory, Keane, Inc

Opinions are my own and do not reflect my empolyer's or client's Received on Thu Jul 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message