Re: Help: Oracle VB Connect

From: Mr Angus Beare <ucfaabe_at_ucl.ac.uk>
Date: 1995/07/13

shanh_at_thenews.com (Shan Hemphill) writes:

>I am trying to interface a VB program to Oracle71 using OO4O
>but am getting the following error message:

> OLE Automation error.
> Unable to make connection, ORA-03121:
> no interface driver connected - function not performed
> (error #440)

>I have been able to ping with Oracle NetTest using the user
>name and alias I am using with the following VB code

> Set OraSession = CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")
> Set OraDatabase = OraSession.DbOpenDatabase("Alias",
> "username/password", 0&)

>Oracle is on the same NT machine as the VB program is being run.

>Is SQLNet necessary when running oo4o, Oracle, and the application
>on the same machine?

>This is my first attempt at programming for Oracle, so I do not
>know if I am just doing something stupid.

>Thanks in advance,

>Shan Hemphill
>shanh_at_thenews.com

Have you got the connect string right? A local Oracle db is addressed with '2:'.

Have you read the documentation about OLE errors? there's about 20 other things on the list you should check.

I think you only need SQL*Net when connecting to a remote DB.

If you still have probs mail me and I'll send you details of my oracle.ini etc.

Gus Received on Thu Jul 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message