Large Volume Backups

From: Ken J. Cherasaro <cherasar_at_pegasus.montclair.edu>
Date: 1995/07/12

What I am looking to find is a backup strategy for the following situation:

Our volume is rather large at approximately 2.0 GB of data (on average) per day. We pump about 2 million 1k records into our database realtime 7x24x365.

We layout our day's data in a unique table and tablespace. Our database is currently in LOG_ARCHIVE mode.

I am looking to find a way to backup each day's data in such a way that:

  1. If an underlying volume (ie datafile) is lost, without having dropped the table or tablespace, we can restore the data.
  2. If any one day's table and/or tablespace is dropped, we can restore the data.
  3. Steps 1 & 2 above are accomplished as quickly as possible.

We have found is that import/export are far too time consuming.

All comments/suggestions are welcome.

  • PLEASE REPLY TO ken.cherasaro_at_efit.elcm.eds.com

Thanx,
Ken Cherasaro
Systems Engineer
EDS
Morris Plains, NJ Received on Wed Jul 12 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message