Re: Forms45 Database

From: Rob Zoeteweij <Rob.Zoeteweij_at_inter.nl.net>
Date: 1995/07/12

stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU (Steve Cosner) wrote:

>I don't understand your questions:
>
>> In article <DBKCCL.2F5_at_inter.NL.net> Rob.Zoeteweij_at_inter.nl.net (Rob
>> Zoeteweij) writes:
>> Is there anyone out there who can suply me with the logical structure
>> of the Forms45 database tables ?
>
>Forms45 does not have any "database tables". Only the server has
>tables.

Every Oracle Tools has got it's own Database Tables. On the moment you save your Form or Menu or Library to the Database, it is stored in about 5 Database Tables : FRM45_OBJECT, FRM45_BUFFER, FRM45_BINDVAR, FRM45_GRP and FRM45_ENABLED_ROLES.

My question concerns the logical structure of the tables. Some where in then FRM45_OBJECT table the properties of Items, Canvas Views, WIndows, Visual Attributes etc. etc. are stored. However the way they are stored are not that trivial. These properties are stored by means of numeric codes instead of written language as these propertes show up in the Forms Designer Object Navigator.

Thats why I'm trying to find out......!