Re: WANT ADS - PROPOSAL

From: <James>
Date: 1995/07/12

In article <562273085wnr_at_chaff.demon.co.uk> pt_at_chaff.demon.co.uk writes:

><rant mode on>
>
>Will all companies that advertise for staff in this newsgroup please
>include the COUNTRY of origin in the subject line. I'm sick of reading
>things like "$$ DBA Wanted $$" and having to trawl through the message
>- sometimes decoding the phone number - to discover, hidden away that I
>would have to move to Pittsburgh or some such place. Well I'm sorry
>but I like England and I'm not going to the US to be shot or mugged or
>whatever just because half the companies that post here can't be
>bothered to tell people what they REALLY need to know.
>
>I saw one of these ads today with no location in the subject line and
>no location in the text. I suppose all American Oracle people have US
>phone area codes memorised so they know whether they have to relocate
>for a job.
>
>Besides, do you really want to employ someone that spends all their
>time reading this newsgroup! :) [Joke: No flames please!!]
>
><rant mode off>
>

>--

>| Peter Moore - Database Administrator - MAT Transport Ltd.
>| pt_at_chaff.demon.co.uk : +44 (171) 410 6373
>| "With a little study you'll go a long ways & I wish you'd start now!"

I believe that should be

SET RANT ON;
text
SET RANT OFF; I am in full agreement!
A couple of months ago, I suggested a standard format for subject lines. 'POSITION in LOCATION using COMPUTER/OS/DMBS.' ie. "DBA/ANALYST in HALIFAX, NS using VAX/OPENVMS/ORACLE."

I have received no responses or criticisms.

I too am tired of reading ads of DBA WANTED! only to find out it's somewhere I'm not willing to relocate to.

James Richard (JRICHARD_at_TUNS.CA)
"No Assembler Required!" Received on Wed Jul 12 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message