Need information on Oracle Performance

From: Asham El Rayess <asham_at_bnr.ca>
Date: 1995/07/11

Hi,

 In search for some figures that can form a basis for a performance comparison between the different RDBMSs we tumbled into the TPC-C benchmark. Since the TPC-C benchmark is supposed to support some realistic features and is ten times more complex that TPC-A we've decided to choose it as a base for the comparison.

 As it turned out to be, Oracle does not provide results for this benchmark. Do they provide results for some equally complex benchmark that one can use as a basis for a performance comparison.

 Also,
 Is it true that Oracle starts a separate process per user session? and if so, how does a single server Oracle database cope with the increase of number of users? How many concurrent user sessions can be supported if the single server resided on a machine such as an AIX RS6000?  What are the options for moving Oracle from a single to a multiprocessor  system??

 Regards,
   Asham El Rayess Received on Tue Jul 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message