Re: Space problem when running two db at the same time (question)

From: David Sidwell <dasidwel_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/07/11

You are running out of available semaphores and/or semaphore sets. The value of the 'processes' init.ora parameter is the number of semaphores the instance will require on startup. Use ipcs to monitor your current semaphore usage.

Either increase the number of semaphores and semaphore sets (requires regenerating the unix kernel) or reduce the processes init.ora parameter so that each instance requires fewer semaphores.