Re: Splitting comp.databases.oracle ?

From: Castelli Massimo <cas_at_gmsg.ch>
Date: 1995/07/11

In article <07-10-1995.8480_at_mabell>, Mark A. Abell <mabell_at_mhs.oz.au> wrote:
> For a start I would like to see the job postings split out. As an
>Australian Oracle consultant I am not interested in American job ads.
>If this group does not get split soon then I may join the ranks of some
>of my coleagues who have already decided that this group is a waste of
>time (WOFTAM).

I (as Switzerland-based DBA) share your point of view, plus I'd like to add that, unless specifically searching a solution for a user-submitted problem, I tend to scan only the posting related to the db itself (i.e. no forms, reports, pro-c, etc.) since number of the daily postings to scan is too high and it get worse when you add other comp... groups (e.g. sun solaris ), in this way the 15 mins become easily 90 !

Best Regards

Massimo Castelli                 cas_at_gmsg.ch
Genossenschaft Migros St.Gallen
Systeme und Datenbanken Received on Tue Jul 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message