Re: Space problem when running two db at the same time (question)

From: Marc de Brouwer <mbrouwer_at_nl.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/07/10

wei he (martletts) (etlwihe_at_etlxdmx.ericsson.se) wrote:
: Hi

: I tried to run two databases at the same time but got a problem. Hope someone
: can give me a help.

: Basically, when I start up another instance without shut down the one running, I
: got a error message as follow:

: CAUTION

: ORA-07279: spcre: semget error, unable
: to get first semaphore set.
: SunOS Error: 28: No space left on device
: Additional information: 2

: Orcale support said this is a problem with space on the platform. In fact
: the hard disk which conatins all the files (data file, control file etc)
: for the two database still has a lot of space (more than 500 M). I don't
: understand which space that the error message was talking about.

: Thanks advance.

: Wei
: etlwihe_at_etlxdmx.ericsson.se
:

Have you talked to Oracle Unix support about this? Seems like you are just a lot of semaphores short (a kernel setting). But then again, I'm no Unix guru.
Talk to somebody with Unix experience about increasing the number of available semaphores on your system.

Good luck,
Marc.

Disclaimer: these are MY OWN opinions, not Oracle's. Received on Mon Jul 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message