Re: does osf/1 permits user authentication ?

From: PM Wong <s11976_at_ctsc.hkbc.hk>
Date: 1995/07/10

PM Wong (s11976_at_ctsc.hkbc.hk) wrote:
: Just installed the oracle v7.1 on our osf/1 v3.0
: Changed the os_authent_prefix="" and then restarted the database.
: Have a user created with the "Use OS Authentication" Radio Button set to
: on.
: But when using the sqlplus / command under that user account still
: had the system prompted the username /password.
: So is osf/1 v 3.0 permitting such user authentication yet ?
Just find out that it works. It's just that I don't know that I have to explicity grant connect,resource to an newly created user even when I have opened an account for him

--

                    \\\//
                    (o o)