Re: running two oracle databases

From: Diane Weiss <dweiss_at_mitre.org>
Date: 1995/07/10

Running two databases in Oracle is as simple as creating two tablespaces with the same schema. I would suggest something like user/password_at_mynode and usertest/password_at_mynode for the test database. Note that the passwords can be the same and that the sql*netv2 information must be the same if the tablespaces are served by the same server. All the "mynode" does is select the proper entry in the tnsnames which in turn only picks the proper connection protocol and entries such as host and port for a TCP/IP connection.

I have working /etc/init.d entries for Solaris 2.4 if you e-mail me.

--
D. Weiss
dweiss_at_mitre.org