Re: Splitting comp.databases.oracle ?

From: Mark A. Abell <mabell_at_mhs.oz.au>
Date: 1995/07/10

In article <3tc3th$2sm$1_at_mhadg.production.compuserve.com> Paul Collins <76004.2053_at_CompuServe.COM> writes:
>I agree that splitting the group will cause a lot of cross
>posting and more noise for us to sift through. Searching 8 or 10
> groups is not my idea of fun. I think that many people like me
>would subscribe to all the new groups and be fourced to look at
>all of them. I can't think of an Oracle subject that I would not
>be interested in. It all changes so fast anyway. If the average
>is really 65 posts a day I don't see the problem. It only takes
>me 15 minutes a day to sift through this group.
>
>--
>Paul Collins
>DBA
>DATASTORM Technologies

I beg to differ. I am finding that sifting through this group is time consuming. You only have to be busy and not look at the group for a few days to discover 300 or so messages upon next returning. If the number of subgroups is not too large, and they are sensible groupings then there should not be too much cross posting.   For a start I would like to see the job postings split out. As an Australian Oracle consultant I am not interested in American job ads. If this group does not get split soon then I may join the ranks of some of my coleagues who have already decided that this group is a waste of time (WOFTAM).

Just my $.02 worth...

Have Fun...
Mark A. Abell
Practical Solutions.
Mark A. Abell
Practical Solutions. Received on Mon Jul 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message