Enterprise Server version for NT?

From: interscience <interscience.nordic_at_pi.se>
Date: 1995/07/09

This is a question I'm planning on asking Oracle about, but I thought I'd pose it here and maybe get a quicker answer (and maybe input on as to whether this will work in real life). We have an Oracle database running on a Sun OS Unix machine that has now reached its capacity (we have about 50 gig of data on it). In order to expand the database we need to buy a new machine and run a distributed database. We thought that an alternative to an expensive Unix machine might be running NT on relatively inexpensive PC's. We got to borrow a version of Oracle for NT called Oracle7 Workgroup Server 7.1.3.3.3. In installing it and looking at the release notes I find that the Workgroup Server does not have the distributed option. My question then is: does there exist a version of Oracle for NT that supports distributed databases (an "Enterprise Server" version)? Is anybody running a distributed database on NT machines, and if so, are you satisfied with the setup?

I'd be happy to hear any comments on this.

Thanks,

Anders Received on Sun Jul 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message