Re: SqlNetV2, odbc and MSQuery problem

From: Perigren Palmer <gonzalez_at_sirius.com>
Date: 1995/07/09

Lots of things can cause this. First, TNSNAMES.ORA must have the right symbolic set up. Is the Oracle home directory in your DOS search path? Also, SQLNET.ORA (in the orawin\network\admin directory) can specify a domain (this is an Oracle SQL*Net domain, not an IP domain.) If one is specified (Oracle folks usually set up one called "world" as a default) then you MAY have to qualify the TNS name in the connect string thus:

TNS:MYDATA.world

Hope this helps... GOOD LUCK!