Re: Oracle -> DBASE .DBF file possible?

From: <taylorkh_at_nando.net>
Date: 1995/07/07

> ted_at_dondra.psyber.com (Ted Deppner) writes:
> I need to find out how to export information from an Oracle database to a
> standard .DBF file, as in a DBASE III or DBASE IV file.

Ted - Here is a simple (I think) way. If you have available Microsoft Access, attach the Oracle table with MS Access/ODBC and user the MS Access export facility. I have discovered that MS Access/ODBC will bypass SQL+ and make use of the Oracle Call Interface (OCI). This is very handy in moving "blobs" (large/large raw columns). I believe that MS Access will copy these to dBase "memo" fields (although I have not tried this). Other fields should translate OK. Be sure to check DATE fields. In Oracle they contain date and time. In dBase they are a proprietary date only format.

Please let me know how this works for you. I may be reached at taylorkh_at_nando.net. Good luck - Ken Taylor Received on Fri Jul 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message