Re: Cant call stored proc from MSAccess

From: Bill Meahan <wmeahan_at_sun1.fsic.ford.com>
Date: 1995/07/07

Bill Driebusch <73373.3264_at_CompuServe.COM> wrote:
>I have been working on an MS Access to Oracle DSS for the last
>year. Recently I tried to execute stored procedures - also built
>via MS Access queries - but have been unable. I think that I
>haven't been using the correct syntax since I can't get by the
>error:

 [...]
>Please correct my syntax:
>
>Created stored procedure in lower case - test_proc
>
>In Access have tried executing it with both
>
>execute test_proc and test_proc
>
>Both give me the same error. Any ideas?
>Thanks in advance. Bill Driebusch

begin test_proc; end;

"execute" is a SQL*Plus command, not valid SQL. All it does anyway is create the anonymous PL/SQL block I've shown above.

This must be the FAQ of the week. 5 requests for the same info in two days, all from different people.

--
Bill Meahan  wmeahan_at_sun1.fsic.ford.com
Ford Motor Company -- End User Support - North America