Re: Help on Remote Notification ?? ( Beeper/Voice mail)

From: Andrew Steele <fozzy_at_cerberus.bhpese.oz.au>
Date: 1995/07/07

mkennedy_at_PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_DOMAIN_FILE (Michael Kennedy) writes:

>Just trying to save some time... Does anyone have a program that
>will automatically dial a modem to beep someone?

>Send replies to mkennedy_at_tacticsus.com

I've just been setting up a this sort of thing using a program(s) called tpager. It's basically a set of perl scripts and a C interface script to the pager service. It works for the IXO (aka PET) protocol that various paging services use. Let me know if you need more info.

--
Andrew STEELE, BHP Information Technology, Newcastle, Australia,
PO Box 216, Hamilton NSW 2303, Ph: +61 49 40 2146, Fax: +61 49 40 2165