Re: pl/sql

From: Tim Jinkerson <TIMJ_at_mssint.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/07/07

In article: <3ti9vl$i1c_at_sun.sirius.com> alkammy_at_sirius.com (Alan Elliott) writes:

> In article <3tdpu7$hfn_at_kssun.klst.com>, michael_at_klst.com (Michael Sundermann) says:
> >i want to call a c-programm from a pl/sql program in Oracle 7.0.
> >is this possible ?
>
> Sure it is, just use the HOST packaged procedure.

The Host package procedure is a Forms function, not a PL/SQL function. The difference being that you can not use it in a pre-compile PL/SQL database object. Personally, I don't think that there is a way of calling a 3GL program from pre-compiled PL/SL database objects, but I would live some-one to tell me that I've missed something obvious. Tim Jinkerson
Migrations Consultant
MSS International (Egham) Received on Fri Jul 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message