WANT ADS - PROPOSAL

From: Peter Moore <pt_at_chaff.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/07/06

<rant mode on>

Will all companies that advertise for staff in this newsgroup please include the COUNTRY of origin in the subject line. I'm sick of reading things like "$$ DBA Wanted $$" and having to trawl through the message - sometimes decoding the phone number - to discover, hidden away that I would have to move to Pittsburgh or some such place. Well I'm sorry but I like England and I'm not going to the US to be shot or mugged or whatever just because half the companies that post here can't be bothered to tell people what they REALLY need to know.

I saw one of these ads today with no location in the subject line and no location in the text. I suppose all American Oracle people have US phone area codes memorised so they know whether they have to relocate for a job.

Besides, do you really want to employ someone that spends all their time reading this newsgroup! :) [Joke: No flames please!!]

<rant mode off>