Re: PROBLEMS W/CREATING A TABLE

From: Michael Averbukh <averbukh_at_allegro.cs.tufts.edu>
Date: 1995/07/06

Warren Saxon (wsaxon_at_AFIT.AF.MIL) wrote:
: Folks,

: Help! We're migrating from V6.0.37 to V7.0.16 using the Export/Import method.
: I'm having trouble creating a table with several CONSTRAINT clauses imbedded.
: Oracle keeps giving me an error msg indicating that CONSTRAINT is missing the
: right parenthesis (ORA-00907). After taking another look at my script, all
: of my parentheses(?) are in place. Has anyone out there have a similar run-in?

i've had the same problem when going from 6 to 7. If i'm not mistaken, CREATE TABLE syntax for constraints has somewhat changed. Your best bet would be running a script on your ORACLE7 database which would create all of your tables, then importing the data (make sure you tell IMP to ignore "table existance" error).

-Michael Received on Thu Jul 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message