Re: Memory problems w/ PO7 install

From: Kim Ng <kimmng_at_pebbles.uswnvg.com>
Date: 1995/07/06

Check your Windows swap file. I found that I got the same message when I reduced my swap file size to 25M on 540M harddrive. The problem went away when I increased it to 35M or more. Also, "Clock" was the only other program I ran (aside from Windows and ORACLE installer).

By the way, if your Windows swap file size is too small, you won't be able to start ORACLE as it won't be able to create the SGA.

The only clue I had about the relationship with swap file was from one line in the online documentation which mentioned something like "memory includes RAM and virtual memory" --- very, very descriptive !!!!

--
Kim Ng
(standard disclaimer applies. If you don't know what it is, you shouldn't be

Tony Pagnoni (tpagnoni_at_ix.netcom.com) wrote:

: I recently tried installing PO7 and I got a message insuff. memory.
: I have 16 Meg memory XMS. Does Oracle need XMS or expanded memory?.
: Can anyone offer any assistance as to how my memory should be configured
: in the config or autoexec files.

: Thanks