Re: Do you use Compuserve for Oracle?

From: kvm <wkvanmet_at_cacd.rockwell.com>
Date: 1995/07/06

In article <DAuHMr.BAB_at_nntpa.cb.att.com>, jimm_at_cbnews.cb.att.com says...

>I am interested in hearing from anyone who has used
>the Oracle forums on Compuserve. If you do use the
>Compuserve forums, please respond to the following:
>
>1. Do you also follow comp.databases.oracle (or is
> this the only time you've ever been here? :^) )
Yes, I follow this bbs, but it normally is overkill. I have to a fast eyeball scan to pick out topics that are relevent.

>2. If you also follow comp.databases.oracle, which
> do you prefer/find more useful?

I belong to the Oracle Support Compuserve Forum due to metal-level maintenance (serveral) and perfer that to the generic Oracle forum.

>3. Do you also use the email tool SUPREQ? Again, is
> it better, the same, or worse than Compuserve?

 Haven't used it.
>4. Do you use the dial-in BBS version of RTSS.
No.
I have had very good success with the Oracle Technical forum on CompuServe. The ORacle sysops are knowledgeable, and usually will work hard to answer questions. And _normally_ you can get a response back in the next day. (of cource it depends on the complexity of the problem or question).