Re: Oraperl

From: Bill Meahan <wmeahan_at_sun1.fsic.ford.com>
Date: 1995/07/06

Steve Madsen <steve.madsen_at_daytonoh.attgis.com > wrote:
> I have some quick questions about using Oraperl 2.4 to access remote
>databases. We'd like to set up a query system on the WWW for customers to
>check information regarding their site. The easiest way to do this looks
>like
>setting up a simple gateway script that queries the Oracle database, formats
>the results and returns it to the client.
>
> Right now I'm looking at Oraperl 2.4 to get the job done, but it doesn't
>tell
>me a lot in the documentation. My guess is that I need Pro*C and some other
>Oracle stuff installed on the machine that I am trying to run Oraperl on. Is
>this true?

Nope. Oraperl has no connection with Pro*C whatsoever. During the build of Oraperl, you'll need the various libraries from Oracle, but as long as Oraperl was built on the same kind of machine, you don't need anything else around at runtime.

--
Bill Meahan  Ford Motor Company,  End-User Support-North America
wmeahan_at_sun1.fsic.ford.com