creating odbc driver with dbtools.h++ for Oracle7

From: Kurt Vaag <kgv_at_godel.denver.ssds.com>
Date: 1995/07/05

I have been asked to write an ODBC driver for Oracle7 using the dbtools.h++ objects. The idea is to incur a one time cost (the dbtools.h++ source code) and create drivers for MSWindows and MacIntosh, instead of paying license fees for 50+ copies (most of which are to be on MacIntoshes).

I found a book in a local bookstore devoted strictly to ODBC, in a section called "Writing ODBC Drivers", it simply said "Don't" and went on to say that "writing ODBC drivers is a daunting experience". Someone else explained this to me as being "a heinous undertaking".

Does anyone out there have any experience in this ? Is this possible ?
Can anyone suggest any reference material on the subject ?

Any comments on this subject would be appreciated.

Thanks beforehand,
Kurt Received on Wed Jul 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message