Re: help sql*net V2

From: Paul Teague <teague_paul>
Date: 1995/07/05

rzlang_at_nyx.uni-konstanz.de (Michael Laengle) wrote:
>After testing sqlnet v2 10 days long i gave it up.
>After creating the necessary files for a client -server
>(both IRIX6.0/Oracle 7.0.15) connection in a tcp/ip networkdomain with
>sqlnet version 2.0 i start the listener(and it works i testing it with a
>telnet on port 1521 ) but its impossible to get a connection to the server
>(ora-12545).
>Is an entry in the oratab necessary?

Only if you want to use the dbstart and dbstop scripts to automatically startup and shutdown your database(s)

>Is an create database link from the client required?

Only if you are connecting from 'inside' and oracle database running on the client. If it is only a client then you only need the front end tool and sqlnet.

>I dont understand the logic of oracle communities how can oracle resolve
>the ip-address from the server??
>I hope anybody in the world can explain me the necessary steps or send
>me information about sites where i can get further informations.
>Thanks a lot
> Michael

Logic???? I will e-mail you my configuration files. If you try to use the 'configuration' tools that come with sqlnet 2 you will probably never get it to work until you spend large amounts of time on the phone with oracle.

Anyone else who wants working copies of functional sqlnet2 config files can e-mail me and I will be happy to provide.

--
Paul Teague    Systems Engineer/Unix Admin/Oracle DBA
E-mail: teague_paul_at_.bah.com